When we are dealing with clients, we require personal data from them in order to provide our Service. We may collect, store and use the data mentioned below:
- Information about your use of our site including, details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access.Such information includes your IP Address, geographic location and browser type.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or enter into a contract to use our services. This information is required to complete our services and will be requested directly from you, including information about financial products you’ve held in the past as well as your recollections from the point of sale.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means, or choose to send to us.
- Information relating to the provision of our services, or registration for our services such as name, address, telephone number or E-Mail.
If information is not provided to us where requested, it may potentially affect our ability to provide the service we are offering. In the event of this happening, we will inform you of this. We will never ask you to provide information against your will and can always refuse to provide any information requested.
We only ever use the information we collect from you for the services we are providing to you. This includes providing your information to third parties, such as your lender, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)and the FOS. We may, on occasion, have to release your information to comply with regulations or legal processes, for example, with the Claims Management Regulator or the Legal Ombudsman.Also, we may use your information for any of the following:
- Providing information that you request from us relating to our services
- To inform of any updates to our services or website
- To contact you via telephone on the numbers you have provided about the mis-sale of PPI and Packaged Bank Accounts.
- Any legal responsibility to provide your personal information.
- To protect against fraud
- In connection with any legal proceedings.When processing your data, we will always ensure that it does not prejudice any rights and freedoms you are entitled to. We always keep our customers updated about any additional services we may offer, which could be of interest to you, either during or after your claim. An example could be a new product/process that could open additional services. If you do not wish for us to contact you in this way or would like us to completely remove your contact details, you may opt out at any time. Retaining certain information may be necessary to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements, such as record keeping, complaint handling and accounting.
It is our policy to retain your personal information for up to 3 years, however, in certain circumstances we may need to hold your data for longer to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. We always take reasonable steps to prevent the loss or misuse of your information, with everything stored on secure, IP restricted servers.
You do have the right to control, restrict and access any information we hold in relation to you. A Subject Access Request can be sent to us and will be responded to free of charge. If you would like to request a Subject Access Request, we will provide you the information as quickly as possible, once we have established that we can certify that it is you that is making the request. The maximum time for this is 14 days, subject to sufficient confirmation of your identity.